PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2013, 00:21
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the poster who mentioned shoulder/lap belts...

No expert by any means but on one type I've operated we had them on the exit row seats. They were fitted with airbags and the reason given was because a) they could not brace against the seat in front and b) crew were seated directly in front of those pax.

With biz class seat design getting fancier and more creative, presumably something in the seat layout or design on OZ requires more than just a lap belt (thinking here of sideways seating in biz/private aircraft which often have the same setup)

Will be interesting to hear from the pax that experienced this crash in those seatbelts and compare how they fared to those in back with only lap belts.

I was interested to read that 7(!) of the crew were knocked unconscious. I guess interviews will tell us whether all or some were in correct brace position. I've wondered for some time whether the grooming requirements of some of the Asian and ME airlines may compromise the brace position of the female CC (Large, high bun hairstyle comes to mind) not to mention lots of metal hairpins close to the scalp.... ouch.. :/

Back to the main topic... !