PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2013, 18:48
NamelessWonder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fraom Aileron Drag
MD80

Well, I'm certainly pleased that you're no customer of mine. Back seat pilots with no stomach for flying - I do not need.

Truly, you are speaking from utter ignorance. If you were as bright as you think you are you would know that humans become tired, and when they become tired they progressively require help to accomplish a complex task. Eventually, they become incapable of completing that task, but happily the law limits a pilot's hours so that the ultimate limit is not reached.
. . .

I don't know what level of 'performance' is required from you in your job if you are tired, but after 39 years of flying aeroplanes, chum, I don't need lectures from passengers.
And that's exactly the same kind of "Command Gradient" that many have been describing as a potential cause of the issues in this incident - arrogant in the extreme - "You don't have my qualifications, therefore you cannot possibly have anything valuable to add"

@Greenlights
all 3 did not check the profile, all 3 did not check the speed, all 3 did not check vertical speed, all 3 did not check high nose up attitude... what else ?
Apart from the relief F/O, who apparently called for the entire last minute "sink rate" from the jump seat. But then I guess you didn't bother reading the whole thread did you? Guess it was "below" you!

Last edited by NamelessWonder; 10th Jul 2013 at 18:48.