PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2013, 16:42
Knot Apilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jolihokistix
Meanwhile as the debate rages here, the Chosun Ilbo and the Korea Herald seem to be, perhaps quite naturally, suggesting mechanical failure:
Automatic throttle faulty in crash: pilot-TheKorea Herald
I think this is perfectly appropriate as I think the function of auto-throttle will be a major, if not THE major contributing factor in this accident.

In my opinion, auto-throttles are dangerous. Either one of the two pilots should be manually and personally in charge of the thrust levers during landing, unless doing a fully automated. All on, or all off!

Originally Posted by dba7
7 of the 12 cabin crews were KNOCKED out unconscious.

2 were ejected (not sure if they were one of the 7).

And on top of that, 2 cabin crews were pinned by escape chutes (I read TWO) that were inflated inward. Not sure if those 2 were inflated intentionally or not but the fact is 2 were inflated inward and pinned 2 cabin crews. Again not sure if these 2 were knocked out or not.

Despite these, no passenger was left behind inside.

Some passengers stated that no crew appeared and had to take matters into their own hand. Well now you know why.
Aye. The crew acted extremely professionally and heroically here. Tremendous job. They deserve plaques!

Even the captain had a fire axe in his hand and was chopping down inflatables - he didn't dwell on any possible mistakes in the flight deck and jumped immediately to action.

Last edited by Knot Apilot; 10th Jul 2013 at 16:47.