PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2013, 11:09
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Not a Boffin,
I finally got that first link to work and if folks want to view it then I had to delete the last two keystrokes, namely the ):

I am not sure what you mean by
And what possible reason would anyone have to want to see that
But if it is an Independent Scotland then I guess we had better ask the current first minister for Scotland that question.

Your second link appears to simply highlight the total lack of planning that has not gone into this whole Independent Scotland m'larky but if it did happen it may well mean the end of trident which then might have even further ramifications for our so called 'special relationship' I say the end of Trident as I have not seen or read any literature that talks about an alternative location for this nuclear deterrent. Certainly not Devonport or Falmouth!!

I am a sad person that enjoys listening to the various Parliamentary Select Committees and during one of these debates the Minister responsible for procurements made it crystal clear that no warships will be built outside of the UK.

I am with you however when you hint at the fact that these carrier builds have started and it would be inconceivable to stop the build so near to completion plus I am guessing that the UK will need authority under article 346 to enable this to happen. Drifting slightly off topic.. Is Portsmouth capable of building the new type 26 frigates?