PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Direct Entry First Officers
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2013, 08:40
hobnobanyone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A large number of FlyBE pilots have also applied.

It depends on what they are after though? A good number of Captains from FlyBE have applied and done the tests, as have a LOT of F/Os.

If you look at the criteria on the website:

Essential criteria
• A valid JAA/EASA issued ATPL (or frozen ATPL).
• A current ME/IR.
• MCC qualification.
• Current Class 1 Medical certificate.
• Provide 3 verifiable references.
• English Language Proficiency level 4 or higher.
• Permanently eligible to live and work in the EU with an unrestricted worldwide passport.
• Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure.
• Possession and demonstration of the key competencies outlined below .
• Strong leadership potential with well developed teamwork skills.
• Excellent communication skills - fluent in English, spoken and written.
• Proven Interpersonal skills.
• A broad awareness of our customers' expectations.
• Flexible and adaptable with an enthusiastic and positive attitude to change.
Desirable criteria
• Applicants who hold a current A320 type-rating or have multi-crew commercial experience.
Full and accurate reference information will be sought as part of the selection process
Please note that if the volume of candidates meeting all essential criteria is high, Aer Lingus will then takedesirable criteria into account. This means that even if you meet all essential criteria, you may not be invited to interview.

If the number of applications is that high, and it really is 5000 applications, I can't help but feel that the diserable criteria will be taken into account.

Although, that's assuming that they don't just wield the axe on the aptitude test results alone - ala easyJet with the DEP scheme.

An interesting argument (put forward by a psychologist!) goes that after the age of 25, your score in these tests decreases. And certainly after years of flying, I really struggled with those. I'll be for the chop methinks.