PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2013, 04:06
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So to me it would be perfectly reasonable for Asiana's bean-counters and risk assessors, to decide an appropriate response to this crash is NOT to increase training for hand-flying, but rather require ILS or other precision approaches for all operations
Theres so much that even reading 10% of the posts I end up reading this....
I guess you are not a pilot,and eventhough wouldnt you feel safer your pilots can actually fly for crying out loud???

Maybe its time to change the blood in those long haul crews,add some DEC from airlines such as Ryan Air,Tui and others where pilots are trained to operate but also to hand fly...
Scan/flying skills is like walking,,,if you practice enough it wont go away,if you dont walk for a long time,a bit of training and your brain remembers...

There is a definite issue of pilots starting their career on a B777 and not having the skills required when automatics fail or misunderstood and try to bite you in the
Automation is a great tool to have your dinner while working but sometimes pilots need to remain pilots.

I feel sincere sadness for the crew of Asiana as I am sure they never dreamt of killing people,but some died,someone must and will be held accountable.
I hope the Airline will take the big hit,it deserves it to allow pilots on line with such poor handling or fatigue.

It is the duty of each pilot to remain skilled and the airline's to allow them to train as necessary.
It is alsomthe pilot responsability to manage his fatigue if he accepts a duty,if you cant make the approach due to fatigue,call in the other crew and decide who is alert enough to have the controls.
It is the Airline duty to make sure their TRE fail whoever is not at the level for his/her position regardless of company needs or politics.

Last edited by de facto; 10th Jul 2013 at 04:10.