PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arafura Aviation
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2013, 00:38
OpsNormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out'n'about. Did you read your own link? It has nothing to do with emergency retrievals and in fact has nothing to do with the NT or Chartair at all.

IHT's are not the same as retrievals. RFDS clinic runs are a different story again and were always shared with Chartair in the past. The Alice RFDS base is now in a position to cover their own runs so they do so. Fact of life that the Central Ops does not owe Chartair anything.

FB. I don't think you're being unfair at all. 1000 hours is not a great yardstick with which to measure capability in a CP managerial role. I guess the person must have something else or previous managerial experience that they bring with them into the role as I am sure his/her assessment would have been unsuccessful otherwise. I do however share your view that perhaps 1000 hours TT and naf all multi might not be an ideal amount of experience with which to oversee more that two or three SE aircraft/aircrew and certainly not a multi aircraft multi engine fleet.

It is a great idea about longer established CP mentoring newbies and in fact I was very pro-active in seeking counsel from many learned people in this industry (the mod above for one) when I took a CP role in a large company many many years ago. Anyone who is serious about the role, especially if they identify that there are a number of key areas that need to change, will do similar. It also helps to be able to talk to your FOI and bounce ideas (with solutions) off him/her - in fact one of the most important aspects of a CP role is being able to establish good working relationships where needed that will stand a bit of "robust discussion" back and forth. If you cannot do this effectively - you're gone...

For those not yet familiar with Air Maestro, it is simply a web based information delivery method, not in any form a stand alone pillar of safety.

CASA have made it patently clear that they are not here to promote or encourage industry in any way. For those looking for the old FAA industry mantra (to promote and foster) then you might be better moving to the US...

Regards,

OpsN.

Last edited by OpsNormal; 10th Jul 2013 at 00:44.