PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2013, 21:30
Sprinkles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8 months a long time in NZ!? Seriously guys that's nothing. When i was there i went to NZ three times over the course of the wings programme. First trip home after 7 months was to complete the first set of ATPLs in BGS. Then back to the tron for another 5 months to complete SE phase and ME IFR phase. Back home again to complete second set of ATPLs an IR in Bomo. Then back to NZ for a third time to complete ME CPL. Probably spent over a year there in total. By my third trip the "commute" to NZ was effortless. Not that the new guys I travelled with would have agreed! 12 months still wasn't long enough. I was the last ever old school Modular cadet to complete his CPL there. End of an era sadly.

Got 200 hours flying (50 hours more than new guys) at £9,000 less! Bargain!

Seriously guys 8 months is nothing and I know its hard work but it is a flying holiday most of the time. Enjoy every minute of it as it goes by very quickly! I doubt you'll get that sort of flying experience when you're with an airline. I dont with exception to the odd visual circuit at PFO and FAO.

Thoughts go out to the guy who did the PFL lately. Practised it many a time but never did one in anger. Was so expecting to see SFDeath-trap as the culprit but looks like one of CTCs newer Da20s. SFD caused my heart to skip a beat on a couple of occasions.

Do what the rest of us did. Fly, drink, leave the Maoris alone and enjoy the local student population if you know what i mean!

Oh and say hello to 101 for me! Met roulette was always fun in that place!