PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2013, 20:44
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right so those good people just sat there and never said a thing and waited for DAA to just spend €200..............right
Continue to dodge the question haha pathetic! You do know the organisational structure at Cork? Cork is barely responsible for financial matters it basically lies with the DAA - The CAA were briefed on a new terminal by their heads in Dublin and you really believe they would object to such a new face at the airport? These were there bosses telling them we were getting a new terminal covered by the state which they have since refused to pay for so you tell me a company which would object to such a proposal.

As for getting to 5 million....................no chance in next 25 years.
I'll hold you to that statement.

Growing economy and influx of east Europeans helped that number, it was a one off and not to be repeated.
So the fact Cork handled the highest amount of Eastern Europe passengers in 2012 (yet to be declared for 2013) fully support that ludicrous statement.

The decline at Cork was due to the collapse in Domestic travel and reduction in UK flights - Europe has continued to grow although at a much lower pace than pre-2008.

One off levels of growth that couldn't last yet spend €1 Billion when Gatwick sold for £1,5 Billion. Project team saw that one coming.
Ha, you really are wonderman.

Listen mate when you understand what you're talking about brief us, but don't try discredit my colleagues and the company I work for when you don't know what you are talking about.