PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The ferrying of my new aircraft to California - a pictorial.
Old 9th Jul 2013, 15:02
Peter Bichier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerostar makes complete sense!

I had the idea to see what was going on with you after seen you were selling the old gal... I made the mistake of starting to read this thread and just like a great novel, I could not stop reading it!

Congratulations on the new bird! The Aerostar design indeed is an interesting story, somewhere must be an Aerostar historian buff like Barry Coleman who would add to what I have noticed about the first and the last airplane Ted Smith designed (and made to production).

If you look closely at the "blue goose" (the very first ever Aero Commander) also known as the L-3805 (one of the few prototypes that were also certified and even sold) also the one used for the stunt where they flew from Bethany Oklahoma to DC on one engine (the prop was not even bolted, it was inside the aircraft) well my friend it IS the nose and fuselage of an Aerostar!

It seems he drifted from the original design with later models, but eventually came back to it... so your transition from a 520 to an Aerostar makes perfect sense!

Here is a picture and see what you think, meanwhile...

Buena suerte con la nueva novia!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

(I apologize if this already has shown up... not on my end...)

Last edited by Peter Bichier; 9th Jul 2013 at 22:40.