PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2013, 11:21
stuminisprite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
firstly i am not a pilot, so please dont attack me, i do have a lot of respect for you as i know it is a very difficult job.

I am an aircraft engineer with experience in the military and civil aviation sector. One point i would like to make is i have noticed a lot of people are trying to pin blame or wanting someone held accountable. i agree that the authorities should explore all avenues to find out what actually happened, but, im sure the pilot feels quite bad enough and after reading FACTS that are coming out of all this i dont feel it can be pinned just on the pilot flying. as the old saying goes, all the holes in the swiss cheese lined up and an accident happened.

The best thing to come out of this is to try to find a way to make it extremely difficult for it to happen again. accidents will always happen and even the best pilots in the world will of had a close call at somepoint. it just happened theirs was saturday.

i wonder if a HUD setup can be incorporated into aircraft to give vital info to the flight deck windscreens in times of concentration. ie take off, landing, or emergency situations, just to aid the flight crew.

i may be way off the mark, but thought i would have my say.