PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Icao Atpl > Jar Atpl
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2003, 21:56
redsnail

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts
Yeah pretty much.
The Distance learning usually comes with a full time face to face component. If you check with LASORS you'll find that you may not have to do it. However, I would strongly advise that you consider it. Resits and failed subjects add up. Most do it in 2 sessions. It is possible to do all the self study, come over, do the brush up then exams (7 of them). Stick around and then follow up (next brush up and 7 exams) the next month. (My friend did that but he used to fly the 737 - the type used in the technical subjects)

With regard to the check ride. This is more like an IR renewal + handling check so it's in a bit more detail. It depends on the company and how you impress them/if they want you sort of thing. Usually you pay.
Note, this only applies if you are doing the check on the type you have your time on. It pays to do some ground work so you know how to convince the TRE/CAA person that you are worthy of the JAR ATPL.

Please don't take my word as gospel though. Make sure you have read the links thoroughly and you check the details yourself.
I can't stress this strongly enough.