PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2013, 22:27
Shutterbug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@givemewings

I agree with an aforementioned comment... is it really wise to roll out crew and give statements to the press? But look at it from Asiana's point-of-view... they may realize they have a serious problem on their hands and are trying to spin the heroism of the cabin crew to take away from the crash. Then again... to me her statement really only indicts them... _she_ asks the captain if they should commence an evacuation... he tells her to wait. Excuse my French... but wtf?! Wait for what? Had that cabin erupted in smoke or fire earlier than it did crucial seconds would have been lost while the captain was sorting out his playbook. It's beyond me. And the press. Are they listening to this? I haven't read this in one single press release. Instead they focus on the FA who is in tears... why was she crying. Who gives a f*ck. Plane just crashed, Cabin Manager asks captain shall we start the evac, captain says please wait. Isn't THAT the story?

I guess I'm just not cut out to be a journo. Can't see the story angle through the story.