PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2013, 20:53
Shutterbug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lee Yoonhae Briefing (Korean)

This _must_ be the interview several news articles are referring to, but it doesn't even seem to be the same interview to me:

If you don't speak Korean, don't bother with the link. It's all in Korean, no subs no translations. This is the Cabin Manager Lee Yoonhye's interview to the press in Korean. Here are the highlights that I haven't seen in any article:

Immediately after the crash she went to the cockpit, asked if everyone was okay. Affirmative. She then asked the captain, "Shall we evacuate?" The captain replied, "Please wait." Ms. Lee said there were two captains and one F/O in the cockpit, and _one_ captain outside the cockpit at landing. She refers to captains by their Korean titles Kijang, the F/O as Bukijang...

She made 3 PA's asking the pax to please remain calm... captain comes on the PA and gives orders to commence evacuation.... Ms. Lee pops L1 door and slide and commences evacuation of that section... she realized one of the crew is trapped at the R1 but decides to evacuate pax first and then attempt to free her colleague... the captain who had been in the cabin with the crew has grabbed the crash ax and rushes to R1 to deflate the slide and liberate the trapped crew.

Ms. Lee makes her way to L2 to assist with evacuation... some comments about the chaos and Chinese pax unable to understand their instructions...
observes R2 slide has also inflated and trapped the cabin attendant's leg. The cabin attendant has been crying for help while the pax are scrambling to evacuate. Ms. Lee locates one of the meal knives and stabs the slide to deflate it. Asks colleagues to rescue the trapped crew and help her out the aircraft.

Ms. Lee rushes down to L3 to check on the status of the evacuation there and starts to see smoke and fire in HJK seats sections. She locates a BCF and gets it to the F/O and asks him to put out the fire as she scrambles back to L2.... lot of miscellaneous comments about the chaos throughout the cabin, Chinese pax being unable to understand the crew's instructions... her yelling at pax to leave their bags and get out... few observations on her crew assisting pax out... even as smoke and fire began to get out of control she rushed back and forth through the aircraft until she felt the aircraft had been completely evacuated. She evacuated last.

Apologies for any errors. Don't take my word for any of this. Grab a Korean friend and have them go over her statement. Sorry, it's PPrune... best I could do on short notice.