PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - logging PIC times on an AOC listed helicopter?
Old 8th Jul 2013, 18:39
Reely340

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
@GoodGrief
Correct, today I'm a pax. My question was aimed at finding out what a TR for EC120 would do me good if I keep getting "invited" to be PIC on the ferry portions of said AOC machine.

If I as a TRed PPL cannot legally log PIC time on an EC120 other than dry leasing the whole machine myself (~1100€) plus paying a multi hour CPL to sit beside me for insurance reasons, then the TR ain't worth acquiring.

If I as a TRed PPL can legally log PIC time on ferry legs on an AOC machine that would be the cheapest way to accumulate PIC time on an "normally prohibitively expensive" (rel. to Hu269) aircraft.

Currently I can fly on my own a HU269 @~500€/h all inclusive, when ever I want where ever I want

Or I can sit in the "CoPilot"-seat of an EC120B or B206B3 paying 200€/h or 300€/h resp. and get to experience cool off-airport landings, beautiful Alps crossing etc. when the operator wants to fly, to/from where the operator wants to fly. I don't have any problem being thrid-party driven, my schedule permitting, doing off-airfield landings is de facto off limits to PPLs over here.

But as I learn here, there's no simple way to log PIC time on these turbine extravaganzas even after acquiring the TR. I'm increasingly curious where the CPLs get their impressive PIC times from, actually more hoe they paid for them.