PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2013, 17:02
fourgolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only saw the article on Aviation News | Aviation Industry & Airline Statistics | flightglobal.com that he had flown b737,747 and A320. Have not seen the info that the last type flown was 747.

I also merely shared an experience that I had. I by no means said that is what occured. One also has to be open to the possibility that in a stressfull situation human beings ( pilots) can resort to what is most familiar to them. For example after 5000+ hrs on the 777 I still occasionally have an airbus thought process whilst flying it ! Especially when really fatigued , ie I resort to the first jet I learned on .Its happens very rarely now but occured a lot during the first 1000 or so hours .Fortunately it's a duh moment and I realise , duh that's the other airplane! I promise I am not alone , I have seen other ex airbus guys make similar mistakes or have similar duh moments.

On the cultural side of things , I have read Malcolm Gladwells , " outliers" simply a fantastic read. The short article " the ethnic theory of plane crashes" is superbly researched and presented. Also if you have ever wandered why most of the worlds best team sportsmen are born in January or February , this book will make some amazing revelations. Anyway don't mean a thread drift. I do think the cause of the accident will be determined fairly quickly as they have the data. Sadly I expect to see something like this on the report, " the Pilot had flown 92 hours in the last 28 days and was legal in accordance with flight time regulations and deemed not to be fatigued by the airlines fatigue monitoring computer system and the law. So fatigue has been ruled out as a contributing factor. That's a whole different can of worms.