PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2013, 16:48
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not only that, but I've flown for an airline with a 'highly regarded training department' but for years, every 6 months, the LPC failures were the same at the same airport using the same approaches. I've no idea what the partial pass/failure rate was, but it did not seem very taxing. I also once was a TC for an airline, in a different country to my birth, and in my naivety in the first 6 months of conducting prof checks, while trying to raise standards above that of a flying club, I failed a crew. They were rostered the next day to fly. the consternation, shock horror, disbelief, etc. etc. not to mention the outrage of a crewing dept with an under crewed airline, nearly caused me to seek refuge in the Ecuadorian embassy. My scalp was saved by the new C.P. who agreed with the assessment. However, among the other trainers and pilots there was the belief that crews in this airline did not fail prof checks.
Today, IMHO, I suspect many tests are set to satisfy the legal minimum requirement of manoeuvres and in such a way as to avoid as many failures as possible. Cynical; ya betcha.