PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2013, 16:32
KOLDO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely correct.

I agree 100%. But let me explain why I think all this happens.
Aviation today is ruled by lots of factors, lets say, pax comfort, economy, and the like…
The common rule is use of automation, which is good, but I think we all became rusty because we are not allow to fly manually, or to do visual approaches more often, of course weather and workload permitting.
The punitive culture spreads worldwide, so to avoid unnecessary visits to the office, people choice is automation all the time. Don't forget the use of flight data.
Even more important is the so called "training", which has turned more into evaluation. Good old days when we all had in the classroom real human pilots or engineers, the old good transparency projector, and so…today, it is a self service DVD, and some carriers are proud to say "no spoon fed here".
More food for though, be aware next crew is waiting outside the sim, so guys, no more time to repeat.
About the flight deck gradient, sorry to disagree with other guys, but it is a fact, the company culture is something more than what we see in the website or in a brochure.
And it is even worse if you mix it. That's what happens nowadays with lots of pilots working abroad.