PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing Commander Spry
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2013, 16:03
Madbob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old editions of Air Clues

Dear Wg Cdr Spry,

It's great to have you on board after an over-long absence and it is great to be able to also get Air Clues as an on-line .pdf publication. I am sure that you are absolutely right in trying to promote Flight Safety to the modern RAF using the treasure trove of past experience available here on PPRuNe, as you have already said in your reply to Coff above.

I will try and work on an "I learnt about flying from....." story and will send it to you for consideration. I have one in particular in mind when at Linton in the early 1980's which may still pass the test of time.....today's student pilots surely can't be THAT different a generation on, when the over-confidence of youth and inexperience made (at least some of) us think we were invulnerable?

In the meantime, I wonder as you try and tap into the "vast pool of experience" here whether it would be possible to scan back issues of Air Clues from the IFS archive and make them available as .pdf's? Who knows, a few of us might even recognise ourselves from the days of yore, pre baldness and/or going grey - not that vanity is an emotion that any self-respecting aircrew would admit to having!

The passing on and receipt of knowledge is a two-way street and it would be a great shame if all that archive material had been lost forever.

Keep up the good work Sir!

Yours sincerely,

MB

(Please forgive my poor service writing, it's been a while since I left and I was never interested in being a scribbly anyway).