PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survival course before to apply!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2003, 19:25
TubularBells

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers S68. I guess the pilot of the future will also need to purchase a special aviation crystal ball. This will enable him\her to know exactly what job they will be moving into and as such purchase all the necessary training required so that they can begin work for their employer in a timely fashion...and all for a perfectly affordable sum!

HWD,

I've got the article you mentioned in front of me now, and I'm not surprised you weren't sure if you interpreted it correctly, as I've had to read it about 5 times to understand what the writer is trying to get at! I believe that he is having a stab at why anyone starting an integrated course, has to go to a JAR integrated approved school rather than to a pre-JAR school that isn't approved. In addition to this, why previous experience (i.e PPL) doesn't really give you any head start in it when you start a course.

The only thing I can't get is, talking pre-JAR he says:

"The practice of obtaining all the necessary licenses and ratings by an evolutionary process, which was common in Europe and still common in the USA, is therefore dead in the JAR-OPS states".

I think he's a bit peed off with the demise of various training schools in the Netherlands as he says they are finding it difficult to make a business against the JAR approved flight schools.

The other interesting article on the page is that the UK JAA is set to approve Single-engined Commercial IFR aircraft. Should be interesting, hopefully it'll create more opportunities for us all.

Anyway, I'm off now before everyone starts going to sleep on me....