PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L@ser attacks on Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2013, 12:11
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two elements to the problem.

Firstly: I totally agree that pointing one of these things at the crew of a low flying helicopter at night with the vehicle at low level in proximity to crowds of people is extremely dangerous and potentially lethal.

However if I were a peaceful protester exercising their right to publicly protest; at some risk of deadly response from the prevailing powers - I would consider in the application of such a device to alleviate the catastrophic effect of deadly fire: with or without warning, from the military vehicle, by temporary detraction of the fire crew, with he attendant risk of disorientating the flight crew.

I think the reports could have totally misrepresented the meaning of the underlying purpose, of the illumination of the helicopter and possibly misrepresented the seriousness of tensions being presented by both parties.

A powder keg of a situation.

Edit:- They have their industrial and scientific uses Stop public sales and use a stick at presentations. Hunting allow for night adaptation of eyesight or use NVG's

PPS: Even for Astronomy club nights out - There are programs (apps) which can provide night sky views on phones.

Last edited by Guest 112233; 8th Jul 2013 at 12:23.