PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 11
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2013, 10:24
roulishollandais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teriffying bugs in ADIRUs

Originally Posted by ventus45
"The Dangers of Interaction with Modular and Self-Healing Avionics Applications: Redundancy Considered Harmful". C.W. Johnson, C. Michael Holloway (2 February 2009). http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~johnson/pa...Submission.pdf
Thank you to Australia for the open reports.

Why and how many more odds, computer guys like Chris Johnson & al. after their short and concise work are still wayting to stop that lettal war between designers of complex systems in airliners and pilots. ?

I was both airline pilot and computer guy (the latter first during ten years) and my ethic of science never allowed me to risk the lifes of the users or dependant from my algorithms by designing systems that users are not unanim to request FREELY after due information and explaination. and coordination and long and accurate testing at office. If they don't have enough money to do so, dodn't do it. If they have to much money and think they can buy you, so don't do it. I had to say a strong and definitive "NO" a few times. The scientist knows, the scientist is responsible from such hazardous results.

I say it again an aircraft is not to be designed as a complex system. Otherwise you cannot survive when you have fire on board, loss of electricity, loss of hydraulics, bad waether, and the experienced flight crew here know it happens and had to overcome such flights and possible traumatism with enough motivation to continue to fly, qiet.