PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2013, 01:58
dobbin1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my CPL is also a PPL - it lists CPL(A) and PPL(A) in the box marked "Title of Licence, date of initial issue and country code".

I will be booking my next medical shortly - it will be interesting to see what they will give me this time around.

I am somewhat gobsmacked that the CAA medicos are prepared to put the CVD restrictions onto a class one when this is very clearly prohibited under part med. I suppose we should welcome such rebelliousness, but it does make you wonder what is going on.
My gob has been well and truly smacked. I have been issued with a Class 1 complete with the VCL restriction. My AME even called the CAA while I was there to confirm that it was okay. They seem to be getting around the part med rules by adding "ILA Issued by licensing authority in accordance with MED.B.001".

I Looked this up and found :-

MED.B.001 Limitations to medical certificates
(a) Limitations to class 1 and class 2 medical certificates
(1) If the applicant does not fully comply with the requirements for the relevant class of medical certificate but is considered to be not likely to jeopardise flight safety, the AeMC or AME shall:
(i) in the case of applicants for a class 1 medical certificate, refer the decision on fitness of the applicant to the licensing authority as indicated in Subpart B;
(ii) in cases where a referral to the licensing authority is not indicated in Subpart B, evaluate whether the applicant is able to perform his/her duties safely when complying with one or more limitations endorsed on the medical certificate, and issue the medical certificate with limitation(s) as necessary;
(iii) in the case of applicants for a class 2 medical certificate, evaluate whether the applicant is able to perform his/her duties safely when complying with one or more limitations endorsed on the medical certificate, and issue the medical certificate with limitation(s) as necessary in consultation with the licensing authority;
(iv) The AeMC or AME may revalidate or renew a medical certificate with the same limitation without referring the applicant to the licensing authority.
I'm not complaining as this means I get to keep my hard earned CPL, but it does make a nonsense of any European standardisation. I might even have a go at the CAD test next.