PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2013, 01:29
islanderpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of you are all so perfect

BenThere you say it well!

Quote: One thing occurs to me, that I can sit and pass judgment, aged 62 and never had an incident or violation, but who knows what will happen on the next flight?

When I'm retired and safely out of the arena I'll pass judgment mercilessly, I'm sure. Until then, I'm glad it wasn't me, I acknowledge I haven't always been perfect, and on an occasion or two I've been lucky. And I've been covered more than once by the other guy in the cockpit.

I've got some sympathy for the Korean crew going through this ordeal. The pilot flying, I think, is responsible, and to a lesser extent, the pilot not flying. They both have hell to pay, as they should. That's how the system works. But haven't we all screwed up from time to time, but just had the luck, common sense, or help to recover in time, before it became an incident?

I've been flying for 10 years and the majority of it in Papua New Guinea, I have many years of flying to go, at 35 I hope 30 at least. I haven't yet scratched anything and as time goes by and I gain more experience I feel I get better at what I do but I have had 1 or 2 close calls in the early years, I'm not perfect! I now know why I so rarely visit this site, many posters are infuriating with their narcissistic views of themselves. Yes this is a major screw up if initial reports are accurate but does that really make you (you know who you are) the worlds greatest aviators able to pass judgement on all others?