PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2013, 22:37
FinalVectors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it's correct to give all the blame to the crew here before all facts are on the table.
Ofcourse the actual flying part and actions are made by the crew, but more important question should be: Why did this happen, and how can we prevent it from happening again?

A number of reasons might be leading up to the final mistakes made. As examples:
Pilot training (as mentioned before in posts)
Cockpit culture and authority (as in many previous accidents with airlines from the far east)
Airline policies and culture/"Punishment"
language barrier (Did they get stressed by something happening before final approach)
Fatigue
weather
Airport equipment

To look back to another accident, the midair in Uberlingen where the controller working ofcourse had responsibility, but he was put in that situation because of several reasons he was aware and unaware off.

The airline industry almost never had a incident/accident where only one factor is the reason, always "the Swiss cheese" theory is the reason that a accident will happen.
So people......be careful to judge to hard before all the facts are on the table

As for me personal I think the report will for sure give a lot of critisism to the crew/pilot flying for the technical part of this accident. But I for sure also hope they will address the important part most, and that is how did this crew end up in this mess, and how can we prevent it from happening in the future?

Last edited by FinalVectors; 7th Jul 2013 at 22:41.