PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2013, 19:27
400drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visual Approaches

Having done my fair share of visual approaches over the years I have never really liked flying them, and not for the reasons you might think. The reason I don't like them is because typically it requires low level maneuvering so that I don't piss off the home owners who decided to buy a home under the flight path to an airport that has been in it's current location for decades. It's stupid and can lead to the crash we all are aware of now. I don't know the reasons behind yesterdays crash and I'm not going to speculate as to what happened, I was not in the cockpit.

As for Korean Pilots vs the rest of us. I have flown with some pretty good drivers who happen to be Korean. They are not all inept and dependent on a straight in ILS auto pilot driven arrival. Like any pilot group you have many good ones and then one or two that may make you wonder. I'm sure most of you have flown with at least one of these guys during your careers.

Lets try to keep this and any topic a little less accusatory and try to examine what happened and what can be learned from a fellow aviator who had a really bad day.

Last edited by 400drvr; 7th Jul 2013 at 22:07.