PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Group Ownership in the East of England - So much demand, so few offerings...
Old 7th Jul 2013, 17:18
fwjc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you know so many people who are in the same position as you, I recommend you pool together your resources and buy something that you want with your own group around it. 4-6 people works best. Budget for hangarage, insurance, hourly engine wear and tear, oil and fuel. Then don't forget the maintenance costs which can vary considerably from a couple of hundred per year to several thousand.
Also bear in mind that insurance is usually much higher if you are low hours, as you and all your friends are likely to be. There are discounts for >100 hours, >100P1, >500 hours.
I have turned away low hours hour builders, and invited low hours people who are looking for something to enjoy and have fun with. I know others that would do the same, and still more that would be quite happy to have hour builders in their group. I can think of three groups like that straight away. None advertise online, some advertise on the club notice board and some by word of mouth. But we are not East of England.

Last edited by fwjc; 7th Jul 2013 at 17:19.