PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2013, 14:30
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If some are trying to justify the fact that a heavy crew flying a visual approach into a major international airport operating a parallel runway system deserve some slack for crashing the aircraft then I'm dumbfounded. Yes there are numerous factors that may possibly be contributing, however if this is a simple case of a visual Manoueuvre in CAVOK gone tits truly up then the overriding blame stops with the two guys at the pointy end. GO the AROUND!!

I for one cross my fingers & hope that this isn't the case of a poorly managed approach and blatant disregard for the landing gate. The holes in said cheese will start with the fact that the crew was aware of the state of play at SFO and didn't plan for it appropriately. Yes thy might be tired, yes ATC might have tightened their track miles and yes there may have been separation concerns but ultimately its the two guys at front who are left to deal with the situation.

If this is the true cause of the accident then you can't argue that this could happen to anyone. It simply shouldn't

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 7th Jul 2013 at 14:34.