PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2013, 11:35
BBK

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Silverstrata

Do you have access to the FDR and CVR? Are you involved in the NTSB investigation? In fact, is it worth even conducting the investigation. It is obvious that it was just a case of slitty eyed incompetents who screwed up. Not MY view obviously as I'll explain.

Alternatively, we could let the NTSB get on with their job in a thorough, methodical and professional manner. I'm not saying that the crew did not or could not have made errors but in the absence of any info I would be a moron to make accusations without evidence. You don't have that evidence either but it doesn't stop you making unsubstantiated claims.

I'm well aware of the alleged culture in some Asian carriers. Maybe that will prove to be a factor but this is way too early to make that accusation. The word prejudiced, and I would apply that to you, is appropriate because you are "pre judging".

Regarding visual approaches I don't think it's right that a long haul crew, after a long duty, who don't, by the nature of long haul flying get much practise landing have to fly an approach without any guidance. I love visual approaches....if I'm in a Cub or Chipmunk! But after a long day or night not conducive to flight safety.

The guys who have experience on the 777 who have posted regarding the modes pertaining FLCH, A/T etc are contributing something worthwhile. Thank you.