PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana flight crash at San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2013, 11:01
What Traffic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a passenger: If the crew is commanding an emergency evacuation, and you are in the aisle attempting to recover baggage and are between me and the nearest exit, I will do my best to disable you, and if you get trampled by the rest of the passengers on their way out, TFB.

I understand that there are cultural differences that may lead many passengers to place inadvisable value on their baggage. If so, it is the responsibility of the carrier to staff their cabin crew adequately to ensure that such passengers are motivated effectively.

I can hear the protests already. "They'd need a team of UFC fighters to get everyone off the airplane in good time!".

Too bad. It's a safety issue. Either correct it, or stop flying. If every carrier that encountered the issue stopped flying, the market would adapt to deal with it. Some people could no longer afford to fly. The rest would pay what it took to get where they needed to go.

I expect some more one post wonders to come on and start crying about racism. It's not about race. It's about culture. This also applies to CRM. I suspect that this will be lost on those commenters.