PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2013, 20:28
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not saying we will see lots of long haul full service carriers. In actual fact, neither is Mr Harrison specifically! I'm just saying let's not rule anything out yet when it's too soon to make judgements about what the future holds.

I was merely stating that, regardless of flight frequency, the management of 2 non LCC's have thought "Yes, Stansted is the right choice for us" since MAG took over. Plus, having signed a deal to ALLOW major growth by EasyJet seems to be a step in the right direction so far.

It's a complex industry, and unless you work in the management for a specific airline or airport, will you know really what's likely to happen, so don't be so convinced it will never work and that Gatwick is only a waiting room essentially for Heathrow.

Gatwick is the 2nd busiest airport in the UK, and one that similarly to Stansted, serves London but is located in a fairly rural area outside of Greater London. How much of the traffic there is so eager to move to Heathrow if only it had the space? Probably very little.

Last edited by FRatSTN; 6th Jul 2013 at 20:38.