PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two JAR licences to one EASA licence - problems
Old 6th Jul 2013, 14:06
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly....and in response (albeit very slow time) to a number of major incidents involving significant loss of life, whereby a major contributory factor was misunderstanding of communications.

Nevertheless, I am not in the slightest bit surprised that certain countries decide to impose their own requirements for their own country.

But what happens when an English (only) speaking person, flying internationally (and very legally) in the EU with an ELPA Level 4+, happens to find himself needing to communicate with someone in the vicinity of an AD notified by a non-English speaking national aviation authority as requiring that nation's mother tongue to be spoken outside published AD hours. Surely he can't be said to be breaking any EU laws because he is fully compliant with Part FCL but what if the NAA decides to jump on him because he hasn't complied with their national laws.

Yet another example of an EASA failure.

If every member state is not going to sing from the same hymn sheet, then what is the bl**dy point of EASA? It is just going back down the same road as the JAA.

I reckon (and I may be wrong!) that, give it a couple of years and either someone in authority at EASA Central will have thrown his teddy bear out of the pram and said "enough is enough - you're all doing the same and that's it" or we'll have another free-for-all, with individual member states putting their own spin on things.

Rant over, soap-box back in cupboard and back to Ladies Annual Grunting Competition!

(Although these two are unbelievably quiet in comparison to some)