PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2013, 14:05
WE Branch Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by glojo
If there is one thing that is a certainty, it is the fact that we have had no luck in predicting what will happen next week, next month, or next year. Having said that I very much doubt we will engage in any type of total war against any first world nation (touching wood as I type)
The trouble is second/third world nations frequently have powerful capabilities, including navies and air forces. Meanwhile, there may be another delay for F-35.

If only something had been done to reduce that capability gap and to prepare for future carrier operations. I tried to outline some thoughts on the Harrier thread, but encountered a great deal of hostility and a refusal to look beyond the party line. Yet the issues are still unresolved.

Additional delays can only increase the risks - both in terms of capability gaps and the skills of carrier personnel.

Milo

You might note the development of anti ballistic missile systems. Will an enemy really be willing to expend a significant number of ballistic missiles against a single target?

Last edited by WE Branch Fanatic; 7th Jul 2013 at 21:09.