PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CIR BFR
Thread: CIR BFR
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2013, 11:26
Mach E Avelli

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts
Yes Nitpicker (appropriate name methinks) I did read your post. The way it has commonly worked for an Australian CAR 217 organisation wishing to use an overseas facility and its testing officers to renew ratings has involved CASA initially sending a FOI on a junket to 'approve' the set-up and an individual or individuals to conduct the check. CASA still requires the Chief Pilot or other Delegate of the CAR 217 organisation to conduct the oral part of the test and final certification and to send the paperwork to CASA, with bottom copy of the sticky strip.
The way it works for the humble private operator is as per the CAAP 5.14-1 (0) i.e. the foreign facility can do the flying test but generally not the oral. For that, CASA get involved back home. So the candidate can do the test overseas, but must present himself back in Oz for the oral and to
have the final 'sticky strip' entry in his logbook issued by a CASA FOI.
Unless your man in Honkers has a CASA Delegation to do the whole 'sticky strip' process, he can only fill in the sections of the flight test form not related to knowledge of the regulations.

So...back to the TTMRA. How would a Part 121 check ride under the NZ system be certified for an Aussie BFR? Or is ANY entry under the NZ system in the NZ format an automatic entitlement to go flying privately on VH with no other certification? If it is, that would be a first for CASA. Someone, point me at the appropriate ruling on this, please.