PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 60 Minutes (Australia) investigation Robinson
Old 6th Jul 2013, 09:10
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can opener

Well put TLN,

Add the original rotor brake warning light switch as the ignition source just in case the mags etc don't do the job (the later switch, swapped with the mod, is described as 'waterproof' AFAICR (?)) and a simple 'Oops sorry I've broke your heli' can likely turn into a disaster in an unmodded machine.

A good friend of mine who learned to fly at the same time as me and went on to become a training captain for one of the budget airlines received horrific burns in a light aircraft crash a few years back. Quite how he survived we will never know. He was on TV recently in a highly moving documentary. He is still having skin grafts.

I love my R44, my second machine. The bladder tank mod, carried out by HeliAir at Wellesbourne ( I wouldn't let anybody else touch it) was done quickly and efficiently. If you still have the old tanks, give them a call, book your machine in and call in on the way for a coffee here. I'm only 5 minutes away.

Get it done. You know it makes sense.

Hairy