PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2013, 02:55
Very Sneaky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neopowered34
You guys that have sat the aircrew testing and passed, how many of the 60 questions in the first test (instrument reading) did you complete?

And can anyone give info on the memory test for the second part of the day?
Hey mate, I answered around 50 - I think it might've been a little under. Having said that, all of the other blokes I was with finished it.

RE the memory test, we were shown a continuous series of numbers, which we were required to input the same way with an increasing displacement, i.e. 2 places, 3 places, 4 places, 5 places. For example, if the number series was 5, 9, 8, 3, 2, 7, 7, then to repeat it with 2 displacements would be entered as follows: "...", "...", "5", "9", "8", "3", "2, "7, "7". It is important to note that the number series was not given all at once, but at the same time you are required to input the numbers. Essentially for 2 displacements, the numbers would begin to display, you would wait for 2 to show, then start inputting the numbers in sequence of appearance. I'm not sure if this is a terribly clear explanation but I hope it helps