PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2013, 01:15
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLM or BA don't offer any advantage only higher prices to keep airport operators happy, longer flights, longer connection and poor service. Time for them to up there game.
Comprehensive frequent flyer programs and worldwide louge access? A First Class product on competing US routes? Codeshares and co-operation within Oneworld? Larger more modern aircraft with the B777-300ER already in service and the A388 and B788 arriving this week? LHR-JFK is competitive with Aer Lingus as the high yield front end subsidises the back end to maintain frequency. I know you work close to them Jamie but some balance please.

Aer Lingus long haul is nice little niche, they're not and cannot hope to be a major player. I'm old enough to remember EXACTLY all of this being said when the B737s and BAC111s were retired and the B747s were replaced with A330s. They would be fed by a fleet of Fokker 50s to build a transatlantic hub. In 1991. Here we are 22 years later and EI now have a whole seven long haul aircraft and still only five (vs BA at 18 LHR + 3 LGW to the US) destinations, one of which is literally Mickey Mouse. I love Aer Lingus and am impressed at how they've survived living at the home of Ryanair but call a spade a spade, not a professional, precision digging implement.

btw What's the deal with EI-FCC, the semi naked and leased A320? Didn't Aer Lingus return some A320s off lease just recently?

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 6th Jul 2013 at 01:30.