PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2013, 00:18
Chang Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I’ve been a long time reader and having just gone through from start to finish of this thread I must say what an amazing resource. A massive thank you goes out and is certainly owed to all the contributors.

A bit about myself, I'm 26 (nearly 27) and am applying for DEO for the RAAF. Late in 2009 I went through the process, making it through to assessment day but I was turned away at that point for 6 months with my lack of recent team sports being cited as a major factor. To be honest I also believe my motivation was questioned as at that point I was 23 and I had not taken any steps towards powered flight training and although I did have 20 gliding hours, my Psych interviewer was very adamant that if I was as passionate about flying as I was making out to be I would have done more about it.

I didn’t return after 6 months as I moved overseas mid-2010 and upon returning I was accepted to start a Bachelor of Aviation beginning 2011. Fast forward to now and I'm very soon to graduate from that and also a Graduate Diploma in Aviation. I have my CPL + MECIR and ~ 350 hours with quite a bit of aerobatics under my belt. The burning desire for a career in the RAAF is stronger than ever and I'm hoping that I have covered my previous shortfalls. I’ve re-activated my application and will be sitting my YOU day again shortly.

A few of my major concerns are that with my flying experience I no doubt will have developed some bad habits and that being nearly 27 the age window is closing on me fast. However I am going into this giving my all so if I don't make it I will know it wasn't meant to be. Has anybody gone through FSP with a similar number of hours who can comment on how this affected them be it for the positive or negative?

Sorry about the essay and best of luck to those currently in the process!

Chang Driver