PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2013, 19:02
ScotsSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flew from PIK for the first time on the 26th June since the FR PIK - STN service stopped and returned on the 5th July. Flew PIK - FAO - PIK and it was a very good experience. Both flights bang on time; brand new 737-8s, FR crew efficient and pleasant (Portugese) and at a decent saving on the equivalent EZY service from GLA. Flight out was around 95% full and the return about 75%.

As for PIK, bag drop was easy and greeted by a smiling young lady; security was efficient although 'matter of fact' but quickly through; landside terminal looked OK and even airside was a bit brighter than my last time through with better seating. Three flights out in the 45mins I was there, Pisa, Faro and El- Prat and despite good loads on each we still got a decent seat. However once outside the departure lounge you start to see the lack of investment - peeling paint on doors and many of the windows on the outside of the terminal 'finger' are not only suffering from peeling paint but also from damp and rot. Not a pretty sight and pretty obvious that the place is being run on a shoe-string at present.

Overall a pleasant outward and inward experience so please please let there be a new owner of PIK sooner rather than later. And well done FR - great service - and I'm a regular BA'er.