PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing Commander Spry
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2013, 21:21
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Hello again guys. Been away for a few weeks and delighted to find this thread on my return. Thank you, Wg Cdr, for doing us the honour and for the links to Air Clues.

I didn't want my first post back here to be a rant, BUT, I really do feel strongly about one thing. The good Wg Cdr Spry is here of his own free will as a service to us. I think it only fair to treat him with the respect that deserves and, more importantly, to remember his role. He is NOT an MoD punch bag to be expected to field policy questions, especially those that relate to issues of the past, how they happened or how they were (or are being handled). All of those issues may well be valid topics for debate, but not in this thread.

If there are beefs from the past or issues of current policy then either write an article for the Wg Cdr to consider for publication or publish your points in a more appropriate thread. This is Flight Safety today and getting the message out to flyers, not a forum for recriminations or arguments about policy issues.

If it wouldn't be published in Air Clues, soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent, it probably shouldn’t be published here.

You may feel differently, but those are my thoughts. Wg Cdr Spry is not a punch bag.

Courtney
(happy to be back)