PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Pension Calculator
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2013, 17:12
m0nkfish

Received 56 Likes on 19 Posts
Add me to that list, I'm in almost exactly the same situation. I still have the pam-air leaflet the RAF gave me when I joined up explaining the pension I would get.

Yes I know that FAFPS is still a good pension. But we have all worked hard for the entitlement they said we would get and now they are changing the conditions with many locked into a ROS that doesn't give them the option to just 'walk'. For me the precedent has been set now and nothing is sacred, leaving me worrying about what they will change next. Leaving seems to make the most sense, I know life is probably going to be harder on the other side of the fence, but at least my family can settle down, my children can attend the same school for more than 3 years, my wife can find employment and I can start claiming child benefit again! In fact, on two meagre wages we will probably be better off anyway.

That the government claims AFPS75/05 is unaffordable with one breath and then decides to award MP's a large pay rise when we are meant to 'all be in it together' makes the pill that much more difficult to swallow.