PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing Commander Spry
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2013, 16:39
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Wg Cdr Spry

I have one question which, I suggest, must be addressed before all else.

What is MoD (including the MAA) doing about the underlying cause of “Savings at the expense of Safety”?

After all, it was the main criticism of the Nimrod Review, which led to the formation of the MAA. To date, there has been much waltzing around the subject, revamping perfectly good regulations and seeking to justify hundreds of staff and consultants by creating a raft of new terms and abbreviations. But all this serves to confuse, with the root problem left untouched. New (or old) regulations are useless if the underlying problem is that implementation is optional.

How about someone in the MAA, or a Project Team, writing an article on why, when rain forests are being chopped down to accommodate these new papers, the one Def Stan setting out the mandated procedures for maintaining the Build Standard, a pre-requisite to the Safety Case, Airworthiness and Air Safety, has been cancelled without replacement. If that person wants a copy of the Def Stan, give me a shout, because MoD no longer has one. In other words, the basics are being forgotten in the rush to hide the elephant in the room.

Best wishes