PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2013, 14:02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've done the drive down from Dublin after an overnight business class flight from Chicago and I had to pull up in Cashel for a rest and a coffee.

Coming from Shannon is not so bad. The fact it isn't motorway makes it harder to fall asleep.

Shannon is likely to be attractive to companies based around the airports it has direct flights to, but for any other destinations, it will be easier to take a single connection in LHR or AMS

Looking at the major US multi-nationals with Cork operations and how they relate to US entry points from Ireland, it's not a huge number who have their HQs in the areas served by Shannon

Boston: EMC
New York: Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson
Washington DC: Marriott
San Francisco: Apple, Avery Dennison, McAfee, VMWare
Seattle: Amazon

From that list, a feeder for the San Francisco flights could have delivered decent numbers to that flight

Regarding the Ryanair flights to East Midlands, I assume we are talking about a based aircraft? I believe that after the 2nd one turned up last year it wasn't 100% utilized, so that would suggest that there is scope. It probably eliminates the possibility of EIR adding extra BHX flights.

Last edited by 840; 4th Jul 2013 at 14:03.