PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brookfield vs Storm McGinley
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2013, 09:06
Gulf Julliet Papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Having spoken to other cadets at the current Type Rating course I hear Ryanair fly the Storm guys more in Winter as the Storm pilots are cheaper? Hence the 30hr gurantee? Though considering what McBruce said (bearing in mind I don't have my contract yet as it hasn't been drawn yet) it worries me if they have chopped this 30hr guarantee as well..."

Please bare in mind as indicated before that the 30 hour guarantee is only valid if you have no sick days, no "annual leave" days so...

Let assume you can't get time off in summer like the majority (although it seems more I am speaking to this year have managed a bit of time at least). That means only time off you can get is Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, so 5 months. If you have one month off (now 4 months) and 1 week off in two seperate months like most of us do your down to only 2 months of guaranteed 30hrs pay.

So that's only 2 useful months of guaranteed pay (in summer you will definitely over 30hrs). Worth 5 euros per hour less...

Im not sure about the accountant set up just know about the hours situation. I appreciate cadets don't get a choice in contract (nor base). From what I understand dependent on the type rating course you are on depends on which contract you are offered (it alternates)