PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brookfield vs Storm McGinley
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 23:43
McBruce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Average in my base (UK) was between 600-700 last year. Nothing suggests this year will be better.

Your asking all the right questions! I suggest you become a member of IALPA, 15 quid a month, bargain price, plus it provides legal protection. For all the juicy info then its REPA Frontpage, lots of history to learn and also signup to www.ryanairpilotgroup.com more than the majority of the RYR pilot pool is actively participating on industrial issues in RPG as we try and grow the association to a point in which RYR can no longer pretend it doesn't exist. Encourage your course mates as well. It's a long career if we don't succeed.

Either contract will be the same IMO. I would take the BRK for the higher payment and to not be shafted for what ever reason on the minimum hours guarantee. If you do take storm. They will strongly advise you to opt out your rights. While they will make it sound its in your favour. It is not, opt in. You would only opt out if you where a genuine contract pilot with multiple lines of work in various countries. Storm will send you a sugar coated email written like a true politician, with about 15 pros to opt out and a handful of cons. Says it all really. It's in your favour to opt in. Guidance for this can be sought from repa or IALPA who have a great deal of knowledge on this.

Good luck and enjoy the training. For what it's worth, the training is excellent.