PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 22:47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even fly for Ryanair!!

That's hilarious!! Do you know how tough it is to get into Ryanair or any airline for that matter!??

One failed flight test and you won't get an interview and besides, as someone has already pointed out, you're too old for Ryanair.

Your location is Exeter, why have you discounted the modular route already? I doubt you will get on a tagged integrated course and an untagged integrated course, graduating when you are 37 is a waste of money over modular. It won't give you any advantage over modular and the FTO is extremely unlikely to be of any help. And even if they do have airline connections, although they probably won't admit to it, they will think that you are too old as well.

If I was in your position, I would go modular and use the money you will save for the almost mandatory type rating, if you secure employment? I think you've missed the boat on going integrated, but have a throw of the dice if you go into things with your eyes wide open. Unfortunately, your Ryan comment doesn't seem to indicate that.

Good luck - it's tough out there!