PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brookfield vs Storm McGinley
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 22:16
sierralima

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,

Many thanks for your speedy replies! Indeed it is correct the cadets aren't given any option as to the contract they are given. Recently I have been offered to fly with Storm, and this week a flurry of people I know have been offered Brookfield. Whistle Blower, jobs are so scarce these days and jet hours to me are invaluable at this early stage in my career so I have to take it. It's a successful company and I think I will have good job security knowing it's not an airline which is going to go bust.

Having spoken to other cadets at the current Type Rating course I hear Ryanair fly the Storm guys more in Winter as the Storm pilots are cheaper? Hence the 30hr gurantee? Though considering what McBruce said (bearing in mind I don't have my contract yet as it hasn't been drawn yet) it worries me if they have chopped this 30hr guarantee as well...

I know in the past guys used to max out to almost to 900hrs per annum. Does anyone have an idea for what the average is nowadays? I understand it may be heavily base dependant...

McBruce, your second post comes as no surprise. Really don't understand why such a big, profitable, successful airlines needs an additional revenue/profit stream through type rating courses...but if the East Midlands Ltd is true, then I guess it all makes sense.

Considering the fleet will shrink over the next few years, and only start growing again in 2015-2017 it's not a good sign with the continuous hiring of cadets. To further compound this, when I was at my assessment the assessor told me they plan to take 400 in 2014, 500 in 2015, 600 in 2016 and 600 in 2017...Maybe he knows something the public don't know..? Perhaps a big Boeing Max order??

Last edited by sierralima; 3rd Jul 2013 at 22:18.