PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Large Biz to Legacy Carrier
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 20:57
Springbok614

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g450cpt
Worst case, I have PIC time on two common Biz types to fall back on.
I know I might be opening a can of worms here but: Be careful thinking that you could fall back into corporate. I would be reluctant to hire a furloughed airline pilot back into a corporate position. The reason being that you picked airline over corporate once before, whats to prevent you from heading back to the airline if they call you back. When I interview guys for a position, I want someone who is committed to the operation for the long haul. Not someone who flip flops from job to job or between airline and corporate. Just my 2 cents worth.

BTW. It may be worth a meeting with the principle of your current job to discuss pay and quality of life. I see too may operations that are revolving doors for pilots because whoever is in charge won't explain to the principle what is needed to retain quality crews. In most cases the principle doesn't know why there are new faces all the time, he is just trusting the flight department manager to keep his airplane moving. Usually, given the choice, the principle would rather pay more and be staffed at optimal levels to be able to have familiar faces in the crew.

g450cpt
Good post. I agree.