PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 17:03
bhx bod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
splash&dash.
I agree about ORD.That service was relatively successful and as you rightly pointed out suffered from restrictions on freight carriage,particularly in hot weather.There has been noises about the service returning but we await that announcement.Not only that ,it seemed to complement the EWR service rather
hinder it,proving 2 airlines could operate similar services across the pond.Remember the PHL didn't do too badly while it operated.In fact both EWR & PHL went out with similar loads for much of that summer.However I don't know how good the yields were,and that unfortunately is the problem.
As for QTR those stories first surfaced towards the end of last autumn,early winter.If the airline still intend to start up then as others have said it will depend
on how far up the pecking order BHX is.I'm not so sure QTR will be too worried about AI as they will be looking further afield for onward connections and possibly taking pax off EK and TK to the far east.T5 may be the biggest loser.
It is all speculation of course but as long as BHX mgmt are talking to airlines then anything is possible.
I would like to see Oslo,Helsinki and perhaps an eastern European city or 2 added as well as the usual suspects VIE,MAD and PRG.
With the recent success of JLR and the reborn MG series it would also be nice to see some freight schedules added as well.We can dream can't we?