PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 14:38
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaibird,

LOL.. yes think you saved your teeth by 24hrs as it starts 1st August.
Why did I save my teeth? I never said AI wouldn't come back, I think there's plenty of commercial logic behind this return.

My issue is over the long term viability of the extension, and more to the point, over this ridiculous notion of a Midlands airport being a London hub, a concept which was firmly rejected when the whole Rugby Airport hoax was propagated more than a decade ago.

Now we have even more nonsense, with the "Go HS2" coalition trying to claim that the already inflated budget for HS2 is justified, because it will feed "a growing BHX". BHX is not growing - it has had one good route announcement against a tide of not much else happening.

Yet the second runway plan would need government funding to make it happen, something there is clearly not desire for in Westminster. So to say this justifies an already expensive rail project is grossly irresponsible. Brum Chamber of Commerce, as an organisation representing the businesses that pay the taxes to fund this largess, should know better.